The Seasoned Spoon is Hiring TWSP Eligible Kitchen Staff!
We’re looking to hire TWSP eligible students to work in our café starting in September 2022. Our staff work on average 6 hours/week while classes are in session.
Application Deadline: Sunday, March 20. Please confirm in your cover letter that you are TWSP eligible. Not sure? Find out more here. Apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Our Ideal Candidate:
1. Is responsible for assisting with all day-to-day operations of the café, including opening and closing procedures, operating the cash register, serving food, customer service, food preparation, adhering to safe food handling procedures, washing dishes and general cleaning and café upkeep.
2. Has the ability to receive and follow through on instructions.
3. Ensures a quality product by following set recipes and/or cooking techniques.
4. Takes initiative and works well with others.
5. Has good attention to detail and the ability to keep a clean work space.
6. Maintains good communication with the Spoon Director, Kitchen Manager and other staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Kitchen and/or food service experience.
2. Experience working in fast paced environments, ability to move and work quickly.
3. Experience cooking seasonal, vegetarian food.
4. Interest in food, environment and social justice issues.
5. Knowledge of Seasoned Spoon mandate and structure an asset.
6. Punctual, reliable, organized, and self-directed.
7. Strong communication skills.
8. The ability to work harmoniously as part of a large team.
9. Food handler’s certificate is mandatory (or willingness to obtain prior to starting).
If you require more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note that all job offers are pending funding.
*While we appreciate your interest in the position, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted directly.