JOBS & HIRING
We're looking to hire TWSP eligible students for the 2017-2018 school year. Our staff work on average 7 hours/week at $11.40/hour while classes are is session (September 2017 to April 2018).
Our Ideal Candidate:
1. Is responsible for assisting with all day to day operations of the café. Including opening and closing procedures, operating the cash register, customer service, food preparation, washing dishes, serving food, adhering to safe food handling procedures, cleaning café front counter and eating space, laundry, labelling food, and writing the black board.
2. Has the ability to receive and follow through on instructions.
3. Ensures a quality product by following set recipes and/or cooking techniques.
4. Takes initiative and works well with others.
5. Has good attention to detail and the ability to keep a clean work space.
6. Maintains good communication with Spoon General Manager, Head Cook and other staff.
7. Is able to oversee, direct, and give feedback to volunteers.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Experience working in a fast paced environment.
2. Experience cooking seasonal, vegetarian food.
3. Knowledge of Seasoned Spoon mandate and structure an asset.
4. Interest in food, environment and social justice issues.
5. Food handlers certificate (or willingness to obtain prior to starting).
6. Punctual, reliable, organized, and possessing strong communication skills.
8. The ability to work harmoniously as part of a large team.
For more information or to submit your CV and cover letter write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*While we appreciate your interest in the position, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Application Deadline: Thursday, March 23rd at 5pm