The Seasoned Spoon is Hiring Kitchen staff!
We're looking to hire TWSP eligible students to work in our café. Our staff work on average 6-10 hours/week while classes are in session.
Application Deadline: Sunday, January 15th
Job Title: Kitchen Staff
Our Ideal Candidate:
1. Is responsible for assisting with all day-to-day operations of the café, including opening and closing procedures, operating the cash register, serving food, customer service, food preparation, adhering to safe food handling procedures, washing dishes and general cleaning and café upkeep.
2. Has the ability to receive and follow through on instructions.
3. Ensures a quality product by following set recipes and/or cooking techniques.
4. Takes initiative and works well with others.
5. Has good attention to detail and the ability to keep a clean work space.
6. Maintains good communication with the Spoon Director, Kitchen Manager and other staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Kitchen and/or food service experience.
2. Experience working in fast paced environments, ability to move and work quickly.
3. Experience cooking seasonal, vegetarian food.
4. Interest in food, environment and social justice issues.
5. Knowledge of Seasoned Spoon mandate and structure an asset.
6. Punctual, reliable, organized, and self-directed.
7. Strong communication skills.
8. The ability to work harmoniously as part of a large team.
9. Food handler's certificate is mandatory (or willingness to obtain prior to starting).
If you require more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*While we appreciate your interest in these positions, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
The Seasoned Spoon is located in Nogojiwanong (Peterborough ON). We recognize that this is the traditional territory and ongoing treaty lands of the Michi Saagiig Nishnaabeg including the First Nations of Alderville, Hiawatha, Scugog Island, and Curve Lake. In keeping with the Inclusivity Statement included in our ByLaws (I.3) we welcome the contributions that individuals from various communities bring to our organization, and invites First Nations, Inuit and Metis people, people of colour, women, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, queer-oriented people, transgendered people, transsexual people, intersexed people, working-class people, single parents, members of ethnic minorities, immigrants and people with disabilities to become involved with the organization.