JOBS & HIRING
The Seasoned Spoon Café is a not-for-profit cooperative that serves locally grown, organic food at Trent University. We are looking to hire TWSP eligible students for the 2017-2018 school year. Our staff work on average 6 hours/week while classes are is session (September 2017 to April 2018).
Our Ideal Candidate:
1. Is responsible for assisting with all day to day operations of the café, including opening and closing procedures, operating the cash register, serving, customer service, food preparation, adhering to safe food handling procedures, washing dishes and general cleaning and café upkeep
2. Has the ability to receive and follow through on instructions.
3. Ensures a quality product by following set recipes and/or cooking techniques.
4. Takes initiative and works well with others.
5. Has good attention to detail and the ability to keep a clean work space.
6. Maintains good communication with Spoon General Manager, Head Cook and other staff.
7. Is able to oversee, direct, and give feedback to volunteers.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Kitchen and/or food service experience
2. Experience working in fast paced environments
3. Experience cooking seasonal, vegetarian food.
4. Interest in food, the environment and social justice issues.
5. Knowledge of Seasoned Spoon mandate and structure an asset.
6. Food handlers certificate (or willingness to obtain prior to starting).
7. Punctual, reliable, organized, and self-directed
8. Strong communication skills.
9. The ability to work harmoniously as part of a large team.
For more information or to submit your CV and cover letter write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*While we appreciate your interest in the position, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Application Deadline: Thursday, September 14th at 5pm